mechatronic wafer loader (mWL)
The rapid digital transformation is increasing the complexity of handling requirements and substrates. At the same time it is increasing the demand for a cost effective automated handling system with maximum versatility and flexibility.
mechatronic wafer loader (mWL)
Fully automated EFEM (mWL) for integration with process and metrology equipment
Over the last two decades, mechatronic systemtechnik gmbh has been a trusted partner to various process and metrology equipment makers, enabling them to address non-standard handling requirements for emerging technologies and non standard substrates.
Wafer loaders from mechatronic systemtechnik gmbh offer highest level of performance and capabilities, while reducing wafer transfer time significantly. Our systems are designed to be versatile and modular, are capable of handling multiple wafer types and sizes in one platform and can address complex handling requirements at the highest levels of safety and reliability
We welcome challenges and committed to deliver solutions as per our customer requirement.mechatronic systemtechnik gmbh has already developed all capabilities and expertise to meet complex wafer handling requirements. We work closely with OEM customers to deliver the solution and technologies needed to enable their success.
- Widest range of different substrate types, sizes, carrier can be handled in one EFEM without external intervention
- Unique modules and components (end effectors, pre-aligners, chucks, scanners, robot) enables handling of most wafer types (thin, warped, TAIKO, glass, stacked, FOWLP, frame wafers)
- Highest reliability and safety
- Fully automated wafer handling sequence
- Continuous monitoring / sensing of wafer
- Unique handshake procedures (minimal/no wafer contact)
- End Effector change function
- Flipping function
- Back side and front side handling
- Reading barcode from each side including data matrix code
- High throughput
- Positioning accuracy: ±100µm
- Available in multiple sizes (2 loadports – 4 loadports)
- Certification: (CE, SEMI standards compliant other relevant industry standards)
- Track record of more than 20 years for integrating EFEM´s with process, metrology, testing equipment with regards to complex wafer handling requirements and substrates
- Design of mechatronic systemtechnik gmbh EFEM is aimed to minimize integration effort with process and metrology equipment allowing the partner to focus on their core competence
- Highest level of modularity in the industry
- Using mechatronic systemtechnik gmbh´s EFEM helps to save cost and time in the process of product development and integration.
- Unique software and hardware integration knowledge
- Development capabilities for unique modules and components
- Customized modules for complex handling requirements
- Reduced stress and contamination to wafer
mWL for thin wafer
Thin wafer handling requires very high level of control and special components that can deal with the fragile substrates. Multiple options are available to ensure a safe and reliable handling of substrates as thin as 50µm in thickness and warpage >10mm.
Our proprietary wafer scanner carries out a 3D Scan of the cassette containing the highly warped wafers, and adjusts the handling positions to the open spaces between wafers, or stops the handling sequence to avoid wafer damage.
mWL for deposition systems
Today's deposition systems increasingly utilize carriers or process rings. These rings or carriers are used to improve uniformity or defect performance of the deposition step. However, these systems require a different type of handling approach, since they are often used for an extended period of time and are designed for either manual loading, or for loading of wafers that can be contacted.
The handling of panels is the semiconductor industry's latest handling requirement. Panels vary in size and can be as large as 650mm x 650mm. mechatronic systemtechnik gmbh has developed an EFEM that can be used for these type of substrates.